Taiwanese style noodles. Pricing: $250 (basic, in-store close to our studio, props, 5 items, exclusive royalty free licence, 10 social media @ mentions in Travel Photos Instagram posts).*
Commercial Pricing Options
Andrew has some things scheduled through the year, however, he is almost always able to fit new clients in. He prioritises his VIP clients and especially those who keep him on a retainer. 90% of jobs are at least two days, as time for preparation, research, shooting, and post processing are essential.
Covid life is hard for everyone; so, 20% off for 2020 and most of 2021 for beginning to medium businesses (returning customers automatically qualify for 10% off; only one discount can be applied per invoice). All prices now in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Single Day Event. Starting from $300. Does not include research, preparation, or travel costs. Basic image delivery only. A package especially for sporting, community events, social media influencers' photographer.
- Product Photography. Costs depend on quantity and location. Use these photos in catalogues, social media, store posters, etc.
- Super-basic, $200: in studio (Melbourne Aus), Up to 20 simple products for individual catalogue basics, and group/collection shots, limited post processing of photos, return of prodcuts if cost of postage is reimbursed, royalty free licence
- Basic, $500: in studio, Up to 50 products for individual catalogue basics, and group/collection shots, products may be returned if postage reimbursed, royalty free licence; social media exposure included.
- Recommended, (approx) $900: in studio or outdoors, with some model assistance, multiple products, products maybe returned if postage reimbursed, royalty free licence; Travel Photos social media promotion included.
- Complex, +$2000(negotiable): On location(s), with model(s), multiple products, designed layouts and displays, in-situ product demonstrations, expert level of post-processing of photos, royalty free licence. Travel Photos and model social media promotions maybe included.
- Very short project. Usually from $750; 2 days or less; not available for international travel; includes research, planning, local travel, preparation, shoot, post processing editing, image delivery, image licencing
- Short project. Usually from $2000; 1 week or less; some international travel possible; includes research, planning, local travel, preparation, shoot, post processing editing, image delivery, image licencing
- Medium project. Usually from $5,800; 2 weeks or less; includes research, planning, local travel, preparation, shoot, post processing editing, image delivery, image licencing
- Longer project. Usually from $11,600; 1 month or less, can be extended; includes research, planning, local travel, preparation, shoot, post processing editing, image delivery, image licencing
- Retainer (for an upfront payment, Andrew can credit your company for 28, 54, or 82 days worth of work, with full accountability provided; subscription updated by calendar year
- Managing Official Photographer: Usually from $2000; event image research and planning; organising, training, and managing a team of photographers; photo management, organisation, post processing, and delivery. Exclusive royalty free licence recommended.
- Stock Photo Library Subscription: Usually from $20/month with six month minimum plan. Access any photo to download anytime for your team. Non-exclusive royalty free licences.
- Social Media management: From $400/month. Includes images, messages, content scheduling, limited statistical reporting, includes Travel Photos PtyLtd stock photos (if relevant photos are available). Non-Travel Photos PtyLtd stock photos and other expenses not included.
- Note: certain expenses are not included in the base prices provided above, like travel, accommodation, talent hire and such requires seperate invoicing
Please contact us for more information, invoicing specifics, and bookings.
What is "royalty free"? Basically, RF is usually a non-exclusive, perpetual licence with no further payment or permissions needed. Cannot resell and the copyright is retained by Travel Photos PtyLtd. RF might allow exclusive usage. Exclusive royalty free costs more, but prevents your competitors from being able to purchase and use images of your products.
What is "rights managed"? In short, RM is a time, geography, and distribution limited licence. It allows a range of commercial uses, and exclusive options. Royalty free is intended for cheap and easy projects, but rights managed is intended for exclusivve, difficult, and/or commissioned work.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept "shoot some photos for us, and we'll buy some if they're any good". Sadly, we can't say to hotels "We'll stay in a room, and if it's any good, we'll pay the bill". Consequently, we only accept defined jobs, and all work is invoiced.
A commercial shoot at a bar in Nagoya Japan. Pricing: $750 (recommended package with special business relationship discount; on-site, no supplied props, equiment fee, exclusive royalty free licence, promoted at major local event by Travel Photos [formerly JapanesePhotos], and on social media [Instagram and Twitter]).*
Some of the equipment that's used on an indoor shoot, in a Japanese house (photo taken on an iPad).
A commercial shoot in a bar in Nagoya, Japan
An antique bookshop owner looking at an old manuscript, Seoul Sth Korea. Pricing: $300 (basic package: on-site, no preparation, basic equipment, limited post-processing, no social media promotion, exclusive royalty free licence).*
* Not actual fees charged to clients, but these scenarios are case studies based on current pricing structure. Actual invoice details are kept confidential.
A Melbourne based model showing a new summer dress. Pricing: $450 (special business relationship discount; model fee, on location, location research, equipment fee, some post-processing, small number of items to photograph, exclusive royalty free licence); or $550 to include social media coverage by Travel Photos, extra by model (models will have their own fee structures).*
Shoe brand in front of Melbourne trams. Pricing: $550 (basic package: no model/photographer as model, at multiple locations, equipment fee, careful post processing and photoshop used, large variety of photos supplied, exclusive royalty free licence).*
Korean style oolong tea and cups. Pricing: $200 (super-basic package: in studio, limited number of products and photos to supply, photoshopping, products allowed to be retained by photographer, non-exclusive royalty free licence).*
Package / invoice options
Andrew can provide for a variety of needs to help you with your projects. Including:
- Shoot / project research
- Talent, makeup artist, wardrobe, assistants, local fixer hire
- Image delivery: online, prints, other
- Post processing: None, essential, expert, retouching
- Editing: None, careful, cream-of-the-crop; one edit no revisions.
- Social media product placement, sponsored posts, linking/tagging, etc
- Travel: Local, regional, national, international
Rights Managed photo licensing options:
- Regional / worldwide
- Digital, online, social media, print
- Corporate, editorial, personal uses
- Limited print runs, limited term use, perpetuity
- Exclusive (for license term limits) / non-exclusive use
- Owned. Client 100% owns the image copyrights (fees can be very substantial)
Please contact us for more information.
A young Japanese lady in a traditional style house in Yokohama, Japan. Price: $2350 (short project; model fee, model social media influencer promotion fee, makeup artist fee, makeup artist social media promotion fee, props fee, equipment fee, on location, location research, long shoot, large number of images supplied, variety of products, rights managed licence - exclusive use, Asia region, sales print catalogue, online catalogue, social media promotion, promotional print materials, 5 year rights period).*
About delivery & quality
Andrew offers a range of options for image delivery. All images are shot on modern digital mirrorless or DSLR cameras, including the Canon 6Dmk2, and/or Canon EOS M6. Formerly he used the Sony A99 and A77, and a long time ago he shot on film with Minolta equipment. Only the best available professional level lenses are used. Studio and hotshoe flashes are preferred to ensure good quality lighting and low-noise images. Images can be delivered as:
- Delivered in JPEG (saved at maximum quality) in "full" and "websized"
- Digital images are shot and processed in Adobe RGB (Adobe 1998) colour space.
- 300 pixels per inch resolution
- "Full sized: is at least 3000×2000 pixel dimensions, and newer photos are now up to 6000×4000 (25mb, usually around 18mb). For stock photos at sizes do vary, please check individual image information before purchase.
- "Websized" is usually about 1000px on longest side, and kb optimised for Twitter, Instagram, webpages, etc.
- Unsharpened (for photo editors and publishers to sharpen the final product before publishing)
- Digital images are shot in the cameras native raw file format to make editing and adjusting levels and histograms more accurate.
- Websized images for social media are typically delivered at 1000x1000, 96dpi, sRGB.
- Includes IPTC data including credit line, keywords, caption, and location. Please be aware that stripping meta data from an image is illegal in many countries, including in the European Union. This is due to the author / photographer has the moral right to have credit for a work. (See here for more information on IPTC and meta data http://bit.ly/oqbpoL).
- From July 2010, all file names include the date and unique image number. Example 20100731_DSC6052.jpg, where this file was made in 2010, July (07), 31st day, and the unique file number is DSC6052. Film images bare similar file naming: 20100731_film057.jpg. Clients can request their own system be used.
- Delivery in TIFF or PSD (in 8 or 16 bit) is possible by arrangement (additional USD$20 processing fee per image, or USD$20 per five images). Most files have been processed in Adobe LightRoom, PhotoShop, or other essential professional software.
- Where possible, iso100 (or lowest possible iso) is used for maximum quality in both film and digital. Recently available digital camera body is used; the best colour slide, negative, or black and white films are also used, with the best lenses available. Tripods, monopods, flashes, remote shutter releases and such are used to ensure the best possible set up for when the shutter is pushed.
- Scanned film images may include accidental dust spots, despite all care being taken to remove them. Film images may intentionally retain grain, dust spots, and other charisma. Exceptionally high levels of film scanning services are currently extremely difficult to secure in Japan, and so such requests will incur additional fees and time management issues.
A community festival. Price: $350/$5000. Scenario 1: Returning customer discount, single team, photos of each member, work done during the event (discount for pre-training/practice events), limited post-processing, non-exclusive royalty free licence.
Scenario 2: Lead/managing official photographer, other photographers' fees, image research, post processing and delivery; social media promotion before, during, and after event; potentially thousands of photos delivered, including grouped per team/stage/etc, recommended for future promotional, etc.; exclusive royalty free licence.
Andrew as an official photographer at a major sporting event.